Glaciers, so simple in chemical composition, are actually complex, vital entities. Far from being a passive chunk of ice, a glacier is a dynamic system, sensitive to its surroundings and constantly changing to adapt to its environment. An appreciation of the natural beauty of glaciers are created, how they behave, how they affect the environment and how they are eventually destroyed. Few people are untouched by glaciers. A significant part of the worlds population inhabits areas formerly covered by glacial ice, which left its marks on the land. Today, glaciers are only found in select parts of the world, but by their influence on global sea level and climatic change, they could have a dramatic effect on modern humanity. Living Ice: Understanding Glaciers and Glaciation aims to increase our knowledge and understanding of glacial activity and products. It is written in a nontechnical and engaging style. The text is peppered with anecdotes and insights from one of the worlds experts on glaciers and it is also liberally and thoughtfully illustrated by numerous stunning black and white and colour illustrations. It is suitable for anyone with a passing knowledge of earth science and an interest in the world of living ice. *Author: Sharp, Robert P./ Robert P., Sharp *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 248 *Publication Date: 1991/06/28 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.69 x 7.44 x 0.52 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Publisher : Cambridge University Press
- Number of Pages : 0248
|Brand||Cambridge University Press|
|Manufacturer||Cambridge University Press|
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.