Comedy / 3m, 3f / Areas La Gringa is about a young womans search for her identity. Mara Elena Garcia goes to visit her family in Puerto Rico during the Christmas holidays and arrives with plans to connect with her homeland. Although this is her first trip to Puerto Rico, she has had an intense love for the island and even majored in Puerto Rican Studies in college. Once Mara is in Puerto Rico, she realizes that Puerto Rico does not welcome her with open arms. The majority of the Puerto Ricans on the island consider her an American - a gringa -- and Mara considers this a betrayal. If shes a Puerto Rican in the United States and an American in Puerto Rico - Mara concludes that she is nobody everywhere. Her uncle, Manolo, spiritually teaches her that identity isnt based on superficial and external definitions, but rather is an essence that she has had all along in her heart. This play is published in a bilingual edition, if you are applying for licensing rights please state which version (English or Spanish) you wish to produce. 90 minutes of laughter...Carmen Rivera has captured the spirit of the Puerto Rican experience. - D.J.R. Bruckner, The New York Times Carmen Riveras deft playwriting delivers Maria from her personality crisis with spiritual transcendence. - Ed Morales, The Village Voice Carmen Rivera has suceeded in giving voice to the cultural search of Puerto Ricans raised in the Tower of Babel. - Juan Mendez, El Diario - La Presa *Author: Rivera, Carmen *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 85 *Publication Date: 2008/12/29 *Language: English *Dimensions: 4.99 x 7.99 x 0.18 inches
- Number of Pages : 0085
- Publisher : Samuel French Trade
- Book Format : Paperback
- eBooks : Kobo
|Brand||Samuel French Trade|
|Manufacturer||Samuel French Trade|
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.