Snake Mountain was in jeopardy. Plans in place to thwart zoning would level it for its valuable road building rock. Under its shadow, the Kinderhook Creek and a small hamlet were threatened by pollution, noise, dust and a devastating visual impact. Within that hamlet was a large two-story brick former schoolhouse - deserted and deteriorating. Conventional wisdom said, This is a place to avoid. No, not for a couple in their seventies, an artist and a retired engineer, who had a vision which defied conventional. They found it by chance, saw an enormous potential, and were bold enough to accept the formidable risks in acquiring and renovating it. And so a process of change was started as they imagined a different future and then deliberately induced change to meet it. The building changed into a beautiful, studio/home later placed on the National Registry of Historic Places. They used the empty upstairs classrooms as art studios for local artists. They participated in the process that removed the threat to Snake Mountain. The artist produced important new work acquired by Boston and New York City collectors. Finally, the author found that the process of changing the building actually changed him. *Author: Lloyd, Donal Blaise *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 200 *Publication Date: 2005/09/29 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.00 x 6.00 x 0.46 inches
- Number of Pages : 0200
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Book Format : Paperback
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.