Seventeen year old Gary Matthews faced the same old story: a new town, new school, making new friends. His father was an Air Force pilot and they had just been stationed in Homestead, Florida in 1958. Trying to avoid an unhappy home life and fill the void of his summer, Gary stumbles upon a job that will change his life: a colored paper route in Jim Crow Dixie. To his surprise, Gary soon makes scores of friends, from the elderly widow, Hattie Donovan to the vivacious Lucy Brown, to Ty Shaw and his days of Negro League Baseball and friendship with the legendary Satchel Paige, to an unlikely and dangerous romance with Joyce Rogers. Gary soon faces redneck bullies at school as well as the biases of his own parents. But when tragedy strikes, Gary is comforted by the love and affection of those on his route. His time on The Paper Route teaches Gary life lessons that will shape and guide him for years to come: love, compassion, sorrow, faith, hopelessness and the indignities of life amongst the poor. It is a remarkable, touching experience of warmth, kindness and learning how to see the world from another persons perspective. *Author: Haddock, Richard *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 188 *Publication Date: 2006/06/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.00 x 6.00 x 0.43 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Number of Pages : 0188
- eBooks : Kobo
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.