Dysfunctional reporters converging on a sleepy small town, expecting "no news," become consumed by an avalanche of events that defies their understanding. Sometimes gruesome local traditions draw local outrage when reported. Past secrets are not talked about. Crimes become deeply personal for the entire community.
Reporters grapple with their emotions in trying to understand it all, while also enduring public contempt for the paper. The alcoholic editor misses typo after typo, which sinks stories into absurdity and makes the paper a laughingstock; hence the nickname, The Croaker.
The town itself is a victim of atrophy. Store after store goes under and the arrival of corporate-owned business spells the death of Main Street. The paper becomes such a victim, becoming a shopper. The reporters move elsewhere.
- Book Format : Paperback
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Number of Pages : 0160
- eBooks : Kobo
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.