In 1961, Harold Binders dad, Otto, did the unthinkable: defying convention, he abandoned his wife and six-year-old son to go west and take up the life of a cowboy. Now a forty-eight-year-old, successful doctor of medicine, Harold still longs to know his father and yearns to find the real Otto to replace the fantasy figure hes created in his mind. But as he discovers the bizarre facts of Ottos existence, personal issues derail Harolds search. Rejected by his wife Joyce, who has recently learned that he has been having an affair with one of his patients, Harold now lives in a tent on the empty lot across the road from his home on the San Francisco peninsula. During this unsettled time, he gets to know Mario Vogelsang, a friend of his mothers with an unnerving interest in Harolds life. Before long, Harold realizes that coming to terms with the past, no matter what it reveals, may be the only way to come to grips with the present. A Little Score to Settle is the story of Harold Binders lifelong obsession to uncover what became of his enigmatic father and to find clarity-a clarity that he hopes will spread to all aspects of his life, where once was only shadow and delusion. *Author: Gould, William M. *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 248 *Publication Date: 2008/02/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.00 x 6.00 x 0.56 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Number of Pages : 0248
- eBooks : Kobo
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.