In this sequel to When the Cat had my Tongue, Diana Fassino recounts her experiences as a hopelessly incompetent 50s housewife, and the unexpected arrival, (the Oops Factor ) of three babies in four years. This Late Starter becomes a prolific writer of short stories for womens magazines world-wide, and at forty, her children grown, she divorces her Swiss husband and moves to London. After a scandalous affair with a handsome young medical student, she leaves home with a backpack and spends a summer in Greece looking after nine drug-crazed ex-racehorses. A ten-day visit to Hawaii turns into three years, after which she runs a marina in the Turks and Caicos Islands. In a night of high drama the marina is burned to the ground, but when shortly afterwards her Knight in Shining Armour arrives in her life, it seems things will at last become less turbulent. Then tragedy and disaster befall her beloveds, and in the last pages of this book we witness the healing and redemptive power of love. Today Diana lives with her American husband Dick, her Knight in Shining Armour, in Sun Valley, Idaho. Praise for When the Cat Had My Tongue : If nostalgia is your thing, I recommend you to read this unique, hilarious insight into the Upstairs Downstairs goings-on in Diana Fassinos riveting, intensely personal account of upper class English country life during WWII. John Whitney, Director Sagitta Productions, Creator of Upstairs Downstairs. *Author: Fassino, Diana *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 260 *Publication Date: 2007/07/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.00 x 6.00 x 0.59 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Number of Pages : 0260
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.