Nothing to Declare traces the story of Mila, a victim of the poverty of post-WWII Finland. Sold by her mother, sent alone across the world to a seemingly better life, she is adopted into a family ruled by a malevolent woman who makes Milas growing-up years a living hell. The book alternates between Milas life in America and her beloved brothers life in Finland where he fights a deadly disease. An uplifting story of the bonds of family and hope. Forces the reader to keep turning the pages, searching for the next event. A life-sized painting. Layer by layer you discover darkness, a ray of light. The colors, the smells, the past and present, come to life. I feel powerfully connected to the little girl. Her pain makes me weep, her spirit is strong. Marianne Friberg, Finnish artist: hemp weaving, metal sculpture. A penetrating psychological portrait of the bond between brother and sister. Frightened, isolated, Mila fights fates cruelty as her brother struggles for his life. Their resolve, not only to endure lifes hardships, but to transcend them, is remarkable and compelling. Fay E. Kagan, M.D., Child Psychiatrist, Los Angeles, CA Young people lived with the shadow of death during Finlands tuberculosis epidemic. Some found a way to live, and to love, in the midst of despair. Powerful. Teems with life, determination, hope. Raimo A. Andersson, Finland *Author: Perkins, Fauna/ Read, Rita K. *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 276 *Publication Date: 2008/10/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.00 x 6.00 x 0.62 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Publisher : iUniverse.com
- Number of Pages : 0276
- eBooks : Kobo
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.