Nick was found dazed and wandering on a beach, his memory gone. Now he is alone and on the run in the Seventh Ward of the Lower East Sidethe Bishops criminal empire, where survival requires both luck and courage. Nick gains a foothold when a destitute actor takes him in. Soon he meets an extraordinary rat who reads his mind and becomes his sidekick. Then Nick joins the Mongrels, and the five boys get caught in the Bishops grinderforced to commit crimes on demand. Escape seems impossible. Then Nick hears a rumor about loot from a railroad robbery and sees an opportunity. His little sidekick challenges him to be a captain. Nick steps up and leads the Mongrels in a daring plan that takes them into an abandoned tunnel. Will the plan succeed? Will Nick discover his lost identity? Part fantasy and part fast-paced action and suspense, this gallery of earthy characters provides a vivid portrayal of the gritty New York underworld in 1903.
- Book Format : Paperback
- Publisher : iUniverse.com
- Number of Pages : 0224
- Minimum Age : 08
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.