For decades Ethel Davis Hopper, known by everyone around town as a poison-dripper and a control freak, collected what she considered to be valuable collectibles and antiques. Recently deceased, this self-appointed matriarch in the family forced her house and contents upon her favorite granddaughter, a ministers wife who lives in London--Rachel and James Campbell. The young couple with their two small children have arrived for a month of vacation which has always begun with Ethels family reunion. But this year things are very different. Ethel dies and the Campbells become only too aware of just how expense this property will be to keep. The put the house on the market at a time when properties are not selling well and decide to auction off the contents--a house filled by pack-rat Ethel. They hire a local auctioneer upon the advice of a few local people--and soon regret having done so. In addition, Rachels divorced parents arrive unannounced, both alcoholics. One has a long-held secret that will be revealed--adding more anxiety to an already distraught Rachel. And as if that is not enough, a distant relative becomes enraged about the sale and threatens legal action. It is a wet, cold summer in Vermont--and one that readers will long remember as they settle in at a country auction. *Author: Selby, Eric *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 196 *Publication Date: 2008/10/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.00 x 6.00 x 0.45 inches
- Publisher : iUniverse.com
- Number of Pages : 0196
- Book Format : Paperback
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.