A wrenching account of one familys five-year battle with what proved to be terminal liver disease, this story explores all aspects of the difficulty in raising a family under such conditions. Written from the point of view of the primary caregiver, the story reveals much about the possible challenges facing the 17,000 families now waiting for a liver transplant in the USA. Many more face other debilitating diseases or the ravages of age. Despite his scientific training to try to understand what is happening, the author is crushed by the medical bureaucracy, and the wild ups and downs of the course of the disease. Having adopted their children, the author struggles with his fundamental values and his conflicting responsibilities to the children and to his ailing wife. This book should help friends and family better understand what a stoic experience the caregiver of one seriously ill may be going through. More importantly, it can show such a lonely individual that what they are going through is not unique, and that they need not be alone. As events proceed through hospice, funeral, and grief, the author looks back on their time together and reflects on the nature of life and love. *Author: Keep, Gerald T. *Binding Type: Hardcover *Number of Pages: 236 *Publication Date: 2005/10/07 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.00 x 6.00 x 0.69 inches
- Book Format : Hardcover
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Number of Pages : 0236
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.