"Another Address" is Catherine Ott''s life story-a delightful romp through 80 years of history from the Great Depression through World War II and beyond. She relates what it was like to live on Broad Channel, to visit the boardwalk and amusement park at Coney Island, the 1939 New York World''s Fair, the Horn and Hardart Automat and the shows at Radio City Music Hall. She describes the beautiful foothills of the Catskill Mountains, how she lived for a while in primitive conditions and later stayed at Obercliffe, an estate overlooking the Hudson River, and lived with her Uncle George on the California desert.
One Sunday, when she was a young girl, the family piled into the car and took a trip out to Montauk Point at the end of Long Island. On the way back a tire blew out. Luckily, her Grandpa Biland had fifty cents and they were able to purchase a used tire to get back to the city.
Catherine published her story so that her friends and family would have something to remember her by. But others will just find it a sheer pleasure to read.
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Number of Pages : 0300
- Book Format : Hardcover
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.