It''s 1994, and veteran homicide detective John Bowers teams up with his partner Minola Raye to solve another grisly murder in Babylon-Portland, Oregon''s fringe district of losers and forgotten victims. Like hungry sharks, Babylon''s riffraff feed on the innocent and vulnerable, and only case-hardened cops like Bowers seek justice in a system that has no heart.
During a quiet weekend, a young woman has just drifted to sleep when her first waking sensation is a crushing weight falling on her chest, as if some night-stalking bird of prey had swooped down from the ceiling and clutched her in its talons. The beast''s foul-smelling breath poisons the air. With a startled chirp, she comes to and stares straight into hell. A grimy hand slams over her mouth before she has a chance to scream.
The brutal killing that follows leaves Sergeants Bowers and Raye to piece together bloodied clues and investigate suspects among the throwaway people on the gritty streets of Babylon. This gripping police procedural delivers juicy crime scenes, a sizzling romance, edge-of-your-seat suspense, and the same old blues-along with the occasional gold nugget-in Babylon.
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Number of Pages : 0300
- Book Format : Hardcover
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.