In Caf The Blue Danube, Radka Yakimov, a native of Bulgaria, recalls tales that are heartfelt, reflective and insightful. The communist regimes of Eastern Europe, the fight for womens rights and trying to adapt to a new life in Canada while suspended between two worlds are towering themes in this hard-hitting book. Yakimov takes her readers to faraway places. Youll meet Mrs. Bailey, who finds herself in a strange place-right in her own country; youll learn how so many are struggling with life in the post-communists democracies while battling the consequences of totalitarianism; and youll feel how agonizing it can be for a mother to yearn for a child in a faraway place. And of course, youll walk through the doors of Caf The Blue Danube, where immigrants united by a common love of dancing and music can congregate and come to terms with their own circumstances, their own problems and their own regrets all while looking to the future. The memoirs in Caf The Blue Danube deftly point out that being a newcomer can be a difficult experience, but they also celebrate what makes us all different-as well as the same. *Author: Yakimov, Radka *Binding Type: Hardcover *Number of Pages: 180 *Publication Date: 2008/10/23 *Language: English *Dimensions: 6.00 x 9.00 x 0.56 inches
- Book Format : Hardcover
- Publisher : iUniverse.com
- Number of Pages : 0180
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.