As the winds of war began to blow in the spring of 1861, John W. Amick joined the Greenbrier Sharpshooters. This formed into the regiment that became "The Bloody 27th." According to family legend he was a captain at Carnifex Ferry, Lewisburg and Dogwood Gap, reporting first to Jackson then later to Lee. In 1862, Captain John Amick led the scouts for General Loring as he recaptured the Kanawha Valley from the invading Yankees. During the war, the Amick scouts battled invaders on Sewell Mountain throughout 1862 and 1863. The Amick Company of Scouts was used as spies across western Virginia. As the Confederacy became overwhelmed in spring of 1864, Captain John resigned his commission to form a guerilla band to protect his family and home. The Amick Partisan Rangers quickly grew to a battalion of four companies commanded by captains Tyree, Halstead, McClung and Baumgardner. The Yankees soon put a price on John''s head - wanted dead or alive. But his mother said, "You''ve got to catch him before you can hang him." This is the story of "The Amick Partisan Rangers."
- Book Format : Hardcover
- Publisher : iUniverse
- Number of Pages : 0396
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.