The Emergent Metaphysics in Platos Theory of Disorder presents for the first time Platos theory of disorder as it pertains to his understanding of powerful causal forces at work within and outwith the cosmos and the soul of man. Divided into two Parts and presenting passages in both Greek and English, Platos cosmology, the Timaeus, and his chief theological work, Laws X, are discussed in detail. In the Timaeus Ananke is introduced as one of two powerful primal causes, a disordering force second only to the Demiurgos, an ordering power and father of the universe. Ananke is presented as being responsible for the physical chaos that existed prior to the generation of the universe, as well as for any residual disorder left within the cosmos after its formation. However, later, in Laws X Plato hypothesizes a different sort of disordering power, a destructive force active long after the cosmos has been generated, a primal Soul capable of endangering not just the physical universe, but also the soul of man. What ultimately arises from the juxtaposition of these two dialogues is a dynamic theory of disorder in which an epistemology is outlined, an ontology is given and from which, it is argued, a metaphysics of disorder emerges. Charless work is a rich addition to the study of Plato and philosophy *Author: Charles, Sarai Robin *Binding Type: Hardcover *Number of Pages: 293 *Publication Date: 2006/02/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 9.34 x 6.20 x 1.13 inches
- Book Format : Hardcover
- Publisher : Lexington Books
- Number of Pages : 0293
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.