There is an urgent need for a complete model of concrete systems. One of the most important properties is the transport of moisture into and out of the microstructure and the transport of aggressive chemicals into and through this structure. Although the need is great, present models are incomplete. However, various strategies have been defined and important partial models have been developed. Both computer-based models and mathematical expressions describe transport and deterioration processes. Computer models account for the spatial distribution of phases, but encounter problems of scale, while mathematical expressions are unable to account explicitly for the spatial distribution of phases. Since such properties as permeability depend on the connectivity of pores (i.e. the shape and spatial distribution of pores) in addition to the volume fraction, microstructural models must be developed further. Nevertheless, the 30 contributions to this book present the most up-to-date summary of knowledge about concrete systems and their modelling, covering the scale and resolution of models; spatial distributions; databases and expert systems; transport mechanisms and the major parameters affecting them; and corrosion mechanisms and parameters.
- Number of Pages : 0574
- Publisher : Springer
- Series Part : 304
- Book Format : Hardcover
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.