Explanation-Based Learning (EBL) can generally be viewed as substituting background knowledge for the large training set of exemplars needed by conventional or empirical machine learning systems. The background knowledge is used automatically to construct an explanation of a few training exemplars. The learned concept is generalized directly from this explanation. The first EBL systems of the modern era were Mitchells LEX2, Silvers LP, and De Jongs KIDNAP natural language system. Two of these systems, Mitchells and De Jongs, have led to extensive follow-up research in EBL. This book outlines the significant steps in EBL research of the Illinois group under De Jong. This volume describes theoretical research and computer systems that use a broad range of formalisms: schemas, production systems, qualitative reasoning models, non-monotonic logic, situation calculus, and some home-grown ad hoc representations. This has been done consciously to avoid sacrificing the ultimate research significance in favor of the expediency of any particular formalism. The ultimate goal, of course, is to adopt (or devise) the right formalism. *Author: Dejong, Gerald *Series Title: Natural Language Processing and Machine Translation *Series Number: 120 *Binding Type: Hardcover *Number of Pages: 448 *Publication Date: 1992/10/31 *Language: English *Dimensions: 6.14 x 9.21 x 0.99 inches
- Number of Pages : 0448
- Publisher : Springer
- Series Part : 120
- Book Format : Hardcover
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.