There exist thousands of books covering every theme of Parisian life. Several hundred of these are guide books issued only in the last decade, and a few dictionaries of important Parisian monuments. However, not until now has a single comprehensive work, encompassing not only the existing buildings of this great city but also information about its past and present economic and social institutions, made its appearance. The Historical Dictionary of Paris begins with an extensive historical chapter of the twenty centuries that separate the Gallic farmers and Roman builders of the city through present-day Paris. The dictionary portion of the book contains over 400 entries and deals with various features of life in Paris. It includes brief biographical sketches of well-known Parisian personalities such as Etienne Marcel, Charles Baudelaire, Maurice Chevalier, Coco Chanel, and Jacques Chirac. The book also contains descriptions of the principal districts and monuments of the city, and numerous thematic entries covering a variety of topics, from commercials and cultural activities of the past, to luxury grocery shops and world famous art galleries and bistros. The book concludes with a large bibliography of nearly one thousand titles, most of them recent and in English. Also includes a chronology of Paris, four maps, and sixteen black and white photographs. *Author: Fierro, Alfred/ Woronoff, Jon *Series Title: Historical Dictionaries of Cities of the World *Series Number: 4 *Binding Type: Hardcover *Number of Pages: 392 *Publication Date: 1998/03/12 *Language: English *Dimensions: 8.83 x 5.70 x 0.80 inches
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.