In these new essays leading European and North American scholars of medieval medicine focus on manuscripts and their transmission and demonstrate how medievalists in all disciplines can profit by studying the primary medical sources rather than relying on the secondary literature. It is only through the study of actual medical manuscripts that context and audience can be discussed adequately. The lead essay by Bernard Schnell, "Prolegomena to a History of Medieval German Medical Literature: The Twelfth Century," clarifies methodological principles for this literary sociology and examines the current state of research in the study of manuscript transmission. The remaining essays discuss either manuscripts by a single author or paradigmatic manuscripts within a single national tradition. Until all the basic sources in medieval texts are uncovered and a survey is made, this volume will stand as an overview of the field.
- Number of Pages : 0212
- Publisher : Garland Publishing
- Series Part : 8
- Book Format : Hardcover
- eBooks : Kobo
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.