Alcohol abuse is a major health problem in most parts of the world. This book focuses on the way in which alcohol affects the brain, with the aim of describing advances in the neuropsychology of alcoholism in a way that makes this work accessible to clinicians from a variety of backgrounds who treat people with alcohol-related problems.; The book is divided into four parts. Part One provides an introduction to the medical and neurological conditions that can result from alcoholism, and to the process of neuropsychological assessment. The problems involved in conducting research in this area are also considered. In Part Two, research that focuses directly on changes to the nervous system is surveyed. This includes studies of both the short-term and the chronic neurological changes in the brain caused by alcohol. In Part Three, studies of the neuropsychological effects of acute intoxication, social drinking and alcohol abuse are described. Finally, in Part Four, the implications of neuropsychological research for the assessment and management of patients with alcohol problems are considered.The objective of this book is to collate the range of research work that is relevant to understanding how alcohol affects the brain. This includes both the acute and the chronic effects, at both the biological and physiological levels. *Author: Knight, Robert G./ Longmore, Barry E. *Series Title: Brain Damage, Behaviour and Cognition Series *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 441 *Publication Date: 1996/04/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 8.98 x 6.04 x 1.08 inches
- Number of Pages : 0441
- Publisher : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- Book Format : Paperback
- eBooks : Kobo
|Brand||Lawrence Erlbaum Associates|
|Manufacturer||Lawrence Erlbaum Associates|
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.