From a modest start on a country weekly in the Yorkshire Dales Colin Dunne staggered, via Leeds and Halifax, London, Leamington Spa, Newcastle upon Tyne and Manchester to Fleet Street in its heyday. For the best part of half a century he delighted readers of local, regional and national newspapers and magazines with his canny ability to spot - and more importantly to report - the strange, the odd, the unlikely and the just plain daft elements of human life. Whether interviewing film star Brigitte Bardot, poet Basil Bunting, or even Corky the Talking Dog... discovering the nightlife of Hamburg, the ice maidens of Reykjavik, sharing life on a beach with the models for a Pirelli calendar, or watching Antiques Roadshow being filmed in Jamaica, Colin Dunne was the man for any assignment that was identifiably barmy. And always back in the office were the reckless and the feckless, outrageous, disgraceful, immoral, completely unreliable, but also the richly talented, wildly inventive and, above all, endlessly amusing. An incredible account of the Great Days, the Glory Days, of journalism. And if you dont believe it, ask Corky. *Author: Dunne, Colin *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 252 *Publication Date: 2010/04/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 5.98 x 9.01 x 0.52 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Number of Pages : 0252
- Publisher : Revel Barker
- eBooks : Kobo
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.