RD McHatties debut novel, Returning to Denver, re-casts the traditional coming-of-age story to the post-graduate years, as a talented Smith College grad returns home to find her footing in an art career, society and marriage. Her search becomes encumbered by a hidden arrangement among those closest to her, involving significant art historical connections. Set in contemporary Denver, the story revolves around the artists and patrons surrounding the (fictionalized) Denver Art Museum, as well as a supporting cast of Bauhaus artists and students, subject matter unique to literature. McHatties novel is available as the Museum of Modern Art in New York hosted the 80th Anniversary Bauhaus retrospective. RD McHattie has spent thirty years as an actor, artist, writer and teacher. She holds degrees from Smith College (Northampton) and the University of Minnesota as well as studied literature at Trinity College, Oxford. McHatties second Diane Quinnell novel is set at Oxford University during the summer term when Salman Rushdie chose to speak publicly again, in defiance of the fatwa against him. Advance praise for Returning to Denver Part coming of age, part mysterythis book delivers on many levels. Dianes search for answers in the Denver Art Museum sparks a quest for self-definition and a broader exploration of the meaning of success: an introspective and intriguing read Dr. Kristyn Gorton, Department of Theatre, Film and TV, University of York, UK *Author: McHattie, R. D. *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 292 *Publication Date: 2009/10/19 *Language: English *Dimensions: 5.51 x 8.50 x 0.65 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Number of Pages : 0292
- Publisher : Zyxalon Press
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.