Collected here for the first time are the best of Carol Burdicks Haps & Mishaps column, a favorite feature in the Alfred SUN newspaper in Western New York. Rob Price, Editor of the Bath Courier, writes, These finely chiseled essays offer vivid representations of Carol Burdicks natural world, ranging from a reedy beagle in search of a free lunch to an antique bed loaded with memories; from a doomed road trip through Naples to the ups and downs of operating a wood-burning stove. But they are also much more: each piece is grounded in the rueful, ironic, sensitive perspective of Carol Burdick. To read them is to enter a uniquely wonderful world. And Sharon Hoover, Professor Emerita of English at Alfred University, observes, Carol Burdicks column helps us to remain sane in the midst of the worlds madness. More importantly, it reminds us what we desire for every person in our world: a home place, an appreciation of the local, rich life experiences, friends and family. *Author: Burdick, Carol *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 172 *Publication Date: 2007/12/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 8.00 x 5.00 x 0.40 inches
- Book Format : Paperback
- Number of Pages : 0172
- Publisher : Whitlock Publishing
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.