The middle of five daughters, Nell recalls growing up in Arkansas and Oklahoma at the beginning of the 20th century, where her father was a country doctor who made house calls from the back of a horse and (more often than not) was paid in chickens rather than in cash. The book provides an eye-witness account of the life of a rural doctor between 1909-1934. Most of the book is set in and around Elizabeth, Arkansas (1909-1917). Dr. Sutton next went to Keokuk Falls, Oklahoma in 1917. He then moved his family to Milfay, Oklahoma, where he set up his final practice. Anyone researching the Oklahoma and Arkansas regions of the early 20th century should find a treasure trove of small details ranging from daily life to the cost of pulling a tooth or delivering a baby. *Author: Jordan, Nell Sutton *Binding Type: Paperback *Number of Pages: 118 *Publication Date: 2008/07/01 *Language: English *Dimensions: 5.50 x 8.50 x 0.28 inches
- Publisher : Dragonfly Publishing, Inc.
- Number of Pages : 0118
- Book Format : Paperback
|Brand||Dragonfly Publishing, Inc.|
|Manufacturer||Dragonfly Publishing, Inc.|
Return and Tax Policies
Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. Unbeatablesale.com has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted.
Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.
If the items is damaged in transit or DOA an exchange will be made or refund issued.
1) For all Furniture items we will replace any parts that are damaged but the item may not returned if there is buyer’s remorse.
2) We will not accept returns on Sports related autographed Memorabilia and Collectables or on any custom made items such as any customized car mats or childrens furniture.
3) We will not accept returns on any Shavers, Personal Care items, Cosmetics or Intimate products that have been opened.
4) We will not accept returns on any Software, Video Games, Computer Parts, or Laptop/PC's.
5) We will not accept returns on any Costumes purchased from Aug. 1 until Oct 30. - after October 30. Also, We will not accept any returns at all for any Wigs, Makeup, Tights or Shoes that have been worn.
New Jersey state residents are subject to sales tax.