No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- GENERAL RULES. The following rules apply generally to Ebates Inc. (“Ebates”) Sweepstakes announced on social media platforms, to which these rules are linked. Because Ebates runs a wide variety of Sweepstakes, at times some rules may not be applicable and/or additional rules may apply. In such cases, where such changes are not noted in these rules, changes will be announced via the specific social media platform announcement (“Platform Announcement”) or in separate written rules attached to these rules. In some cases, the Platform Announcement may direct users to a website location for additional rules pertaining to the specific Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES DATES. Sweepstakes begin on the date and time the Platform Announcement is posted on the specific social media platform. If the start date of the Sweepstakes differs from the date the Platform Announcement is posted, the correct date will be otherwise announced in the Platform Announcement. End dates and times will be announced via the Platform Announcement. All entries must be received by the end date and time to be eligible to win.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes are sponsored by Ebates Inc., 160 Spear Street, 19th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 (“Sponsor” or “Ebates”). Additional sponsors, if any, will be announced via the Platform Announcement.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes are open to residents of the 50 United States who are lawful U.S. residents and are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority, whichever is older at the start of the Sweepstakes, and a registered account holder with Ebates (“Entrants”). Employees of Ebates, its advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration or fulfillment of any Ebates Sweepstakes, as well as each parent corporation, subsidiary and affiliated company (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities“), and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Entrants’ rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction.
Using non-private accounts only, there are four (4) promotion types:
No negative comments or posts, please.
Incomplete, misdirected, postage-due, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Entrants discovered entering under several names or in any way attempting to tamper with the fair play of the specific Sweepstakes will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Sweepstakes Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Ebates account is registered. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER. All eligible entries received during the specific Sweepstakes will be entered into a random drawing. A random drawing by a representative of Sponsor will be held on or about the last business day of each month (“Drawing Date”) to determine one (1) potential prize winner (“Winner”). Winner will be notified via private message through the social media platform. Winner will be required to respond (as directed) within  hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate chosen Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. In no event will Sponsor reserve Prizes for any Winner that does not respond timely to the notification and in no event is Sponsor required to contact Winner more than once. Winner may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”), which must be completed and returned to Sponsor in the manner specified by Sponsor at the time Winner is notified. If Winner does not return Release within  hours of receipt, Winner forfeits prize and a new Winner will be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner allows Sponsor to use their name and likeness for marketing purposes, unless prohibited by law. In some cases, Winner may also be required to provide name, Social Security or ID Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address and phone number. An alternate Winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Winner: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails respond with the required information in a timely manner as required in these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. All Sweepstakes entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of any prize. Eligibility and any and all other claims shall be subject to verification prior to the actual awarding of a prize.
- PRIZE. The prize and the approximate retail value of the prize will be announced via the Platform Announcement for each specific Sweepstakes.
- ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: ALL WINNERS ARE POTENTIAL WINNERS UNTIL SPONSOR DETERMINES ELIGIBILITY STATUS. Except where prohibited, Winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release, and a Tax Acceptance Form (“Affidavit/Release“). If the prize is a mobile phone and the Winner is under 19 years of age and is a resident of the State of Alabama, or Nebraska, then the parent or legal guardian of such Winner also must sign any documents required herein. If the grand prize is a mobile phone and the Winner is under 21 years of age and is a resident of the State of Mississippi or Pennsylvania, then the parent or legal guardian of such Winner also must sign any documents required herein. Such documents must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and return such documents within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if an entrant does not comply with the Official Rules, then the Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected. Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of each winner. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and/or any Sweepstakes Entities to use said winner’s name, and in some cases, his or her photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for Sweepstakes or advertising purposes in connection with Ebates.com or Sponsor’s properties generally. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes. Eligibility, age, and claims made by the Selected also are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
- SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the specific Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Winner and Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor(s) and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in specific Sweepstakes, or (ii) printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any Sweepstakes found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose (Unless sponsor provides the prize Winner with written warranties). Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays or acts of any government or authority.
- RESTRICTIONS: The prize consists of only those items specifically described as part of the Platform Announcement for the specific Sweepstakes. Sponsor may at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion provide different prizes of equal or greater value. Sponsor shall not be liable to any Winner or any person claiming through such Winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (2) technical failures of any kinds; (3) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (4) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the specific Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the specific Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. If for any reason the specific Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the specific Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the specific Sweepstakes and to select a potential winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage the website for undermine the legitimate operation of the specific Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and damages (Including attorneys’ fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
- DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering, you consent to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of California for the resolution of any and all disputes.
- WINNER(S) LIST: For the name of the prize Winner(s), log onto http://www.rakuten.com/blog/ebates-winners-circle/. Winners list becomes available after completion of the specific Sweepstakes.