2022 Rakuten Big Friend Energy $100 Cash Back & Kit Social Giveaway (Instagram Only)
(U.S. August 7 – August 13, 2022)
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning.
The 2022 Rakuten Big Friend Energy $100 Cash Back & Kit Social Giveaway (Instagram Only) (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Ebates Performance Marketing, Inc. d/b/a Rakuten Rewards, 160 Spear Street, Suite 1900, San Francisco, CA 94105 (“Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: Open Only to Legal Residents OF THE fifty (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 years of age or older, WHO ARE RAKUTEN MEMBERS. ESTABLISHING A RAKUTEN ACCOUNT IS FREE. Void Where Prohibited. Employees of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 7, 2022 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends August 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT according to Sponsor’s time clock (“Sweepstakes Period”).
Entrants and referrals must at all times comply with the www.Rakuten.com Terms and Conditions, and in the case of Entrants, these Official Rules in addition. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that, in its sole discretion, is not in compliance with the Rakuten.com Terms and Conditions and these Official Rules.
Limit five (5) entries per Entrant. Each comment tagging a friend and naming a store count as one (1) entry. All entries must be received by August 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT according to Sponsor’s time clock.
Alternate Method of Entry by mail: Entrants may also enter by submitting the following information at the online form located at https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6969112/Big-Friend-Energy-Giveaway-AMOE: (1) Full name, (2) Email address, and (3) Instagram handle. All information provided must be valid, truthful and current. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for each valid, complete online form received. Entrants may submit up to five (5) entries via the Alternative Method of Entry. Alternative method entries must be received by August 13, 2022. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, or illegible entries. Such entries are void and will not be accepted, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Only a maximum of five (5) entries per Entrant during the Sweepstakes Period will be accepted by either or both methods combined Entries or referrals generated by script macro or other automated means or by any means that subverts the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
4. Odds: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Selection and Notification of Potential Winner: Potential winners will be selected on or about September 15, 2022 at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period to receive the prize (the “Potential winner”).
The Potential winner(s) will be notified by via direct message on Instagram or email, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, using the information provided at the time of entry. Potential winner(s) will be required to respond (as directed) within three (3) calendar days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries, up to three (3) attempts. Potential winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”) within five (5) calendar days from the date of notification. An alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if potential winner, up to three (3) attempts: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to prove eligibility, obtain all signatures on the Release and/or return any documents or information required by Sponsor in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Rakuten account was opened and he/she must comply with these Official Rules.
6. Prize: Limit one (1) cash Prize and one (1) Friendship Kit per person. Each winner will receive one (1) cash prize and one (1) Friendship Kit prize. No other substitutions permitted by winner. Prize cannot be transferred by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use are the responsibility of the winner. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, any Entrant in the Sweepstakes, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s, name, likeness, biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
8. General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and to disqualify false entries or referrals of any individual) who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sponsor’s website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, the Rakuten.com Terms and Conditions, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law including, criminal prosecution. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
10. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize (including any injury or harm resulting from use of the vehicle), or (ii) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled or damaged entries referrals, communications, Releases or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of referrals or entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regards to its conflict of laws principles. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Sweepstakes Results: For names of the winners, available after September 15, 2022 , send an email to rm-REFERAFRIEND@mail.rakuten.com. Requests received after October 14, 2022 will not be honored.
© 2022 Ebates Performance Marketing, Inc. d/b/a Rakuten Rewards . All rights reserved.