Ernest Hemmingway said it best: “The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for.” If you want to do your part to save our planet, there are tons of easy, affordable ways you can do it without changing your everyday routine. Plus, now that more and more industries are going green, you can find ways to make life’s little luxuries more eco-conscious, too. Here’s our sustainable shopping guide to three of our top stores that specialize in eco friendly goods and wares. While eco products can sometimes cost more, you can earn Cash Back at Ebates and shop with a sustainable fashion promo code for real savings at these amazing online stores.
Rodale’s is leading the organic and sustainable retail movement online. They have a huge selection of products including all natural skin care, fair trade clothing, environmentally friendly bug prevention and water regulation tools. Check out their accessories department for beautiful artisan-crafted jewelry that is made by hand with recycled materials, natural gemstones and mixed metals.
• Get up to 60% off kitchenware, apparel, jewelry, beauty supplies and more when you shop the Sale section online at Rodele’s.
• Check out their Summer Sale that offers 20% off select items like shorts, tanks and dresses so you can enjoy summer in style without breaking the bank.
• Join the Rodale’s mailing list and get 10% off your next order. You’ll also gain access to exclusive offers and get the inside scoop on special sales.
VivaTerra was founded with a dedication to operating in harmony with nature and they focus on fair-trade, USA-made, sustainable and all-natural products. They specialize in unique, earth friendly products and sustainable clothing with globally-inspired modern design. And they put their money where their mouth is; Viva Terra frequently donates portions of their profits to the TerraPass program which helps everyday people to reduce the climate risk of their driving.
• Get up to 65% off bath towels, jewelry, home décor and apparel with amazing discounts in the Sale section. Be sure to check out the new markdowns and be the first to find out about deep savings on eco fashion, furniture and more.
• Sign up for their mailing list for special sales and promotions and you’ll also get 10% off your first order.
• You can include a free personalized message on a signature gift card when you ship an item using VivaTerra’s Gift Services.
• If you’re looking for corporate gifts or want to place a bulk order, VivaTerra can assist by offering ideas and possible bulk discounts. Simply fill out their Inquiry Form to find out what products are in stock and available for a bulk discount.
Patagonia is not only one of the most trusted names in outdoor gear and apparel, but they are also one of the most successful sustainable clothing brands. They carry clothing and gear for men, women, kids, babies and even dogs! Patagonia’s eco friendly clothing line comes with an ironclad quality guarantee for a lifetime of use and they donate 1% of all sales to the preservation and restoration of the natural environment.
• Patagonia’s after-season sales are a gold mine and feature deals up to 50% off of popular past season items.
• Shop their Web Specials for 30% off deals and earn Cash Back at Ebates with your eco-friendly purchase.
• Get free shipping on orders over $75 and get your favorite styles for less.
• If you are a professional working outdoors, you may qualify for significant savings with a Patagonia Pro Account that offers deep discounts to qualified pros and brand influencers.
• Sign up for Patagonia emails and get notifications of their sales so you’ll never miss out on a chance to save big.
Bambeco offers glassware, stoneware and even garden furniture made from recycled or all-natural materials. Your life inside is greener with Bambeco’s collection of bed and bath products with organic, natural, nontoxic and traceable materials. Your life outside is greener with Bambeco’s solar powered products and eco-support tools to help support the plants and wildlife around your home.
• Shop the Annual Summer Sale and save up to 80% on select items.
• Get 15% off your next purchase when you sign up for their mailing list.
• CarbonFree Shipping is offered for free on orders over $100.
Within the ASOSwebsite is the ASOS Eco Edit, a curated destination where you can find pioneering sustainable fashion and beauty goods. Eco Edit brings together all the products sold on the ASOS website that satisfy their principles of sustainable fashion and are made with fair trade, sustainable labor that has a lower impact on materials and processes.
• Save up to 70% when you shop from the Clearance section online at ASOS.
• Students can sign up to get extra deals, like 10% off and super easy PayPal linking.
• Free shipping is available to the US for orders over $40.00.
• Get sales alerts, free returns and more with the free ASOS shopping app.
YOOX is a people-powered company and the world’s leading online lifestyle store for fashion, design and art. It is a great resource for new designers in the world of eco-friendly fashion. Their exclusive YOOXYGENline of sustainable fashion and design offers the best in clothes, shoes and jewelry from around the world.
• Shop the Squared Sale for up to 50% off Prada, Givenchy and many more top designers.
• Take 15% off your entire purchase when you sign up for the YOOX email newsletter.
• Enjoy free standard shipping on all orders and earn Cash Back at Ebates with every purchase.
From the latest tech to the hottest fashions and everything in between, the editors at The Smart Shopper are in the know and ready share their expertise. Check out our posts on shopping secrets and product trends for those who live for a little retail therapy.